The CEIAG - (Careers Education Information Advice Guidance) provision at Thornaby Academy has been designed to positively support you to acquire the educational, social and employability skills necessary for lifelong success in a diverse and changing world of work.
Our Careers Programme is personalised to the academy in conjunction with our partners at Careers Inc.
Careers Education is provided though:
- Subject Lessons, - Information and discussions in with a subject specific focus to help you make decisions about careers based on subject knowledge and transferable skills.
- Tutor sessions, Assemblies & Life Lessons – Discussions and resources about the local market information, growth job sectors and Post 14, 16 and 18 options.
- Respect Days - Events such as employability and the Careers Fair.
Information, Advice & Guidance is provided through:
- Lunchtime drop-in service & Careers Fairs - Employers, Training Providers, Colleges and Universities will visit the school or provide remote access, on a regular basis to talk to you about their industry, and how to train and qualify for jobs in that sector.
- Careers Portal – You have access to our online Careers Portal.
- Results Service – a team of advisers will be able to talk through you needs on results day to help you confirm your intended destination.
- Qualified 1-2-1 Guidance - You also have access to a qualified careers advisor, who will provide confidential and impartial advice to students on the information they have received or to help guide students to make fully informed decisions.
- Planning for the future – if you have a career idea but want to find out the best route for you or if you have no career ideas our advisers can help you create career ideas around your interests and skills.
- GCSE & A Level Options - Choosing your options and what would best suit you.
- Apprenticeships - Finding work or an apprenticeship, including job hunting techniques including mock interviews
- Higher Education – Reviewing the options and planning the 14-19 journey
- Parents Evenings - Access to careers advisers in a variety of ways including individual meetings, drop-in sessions, enrichment activities, parents and option evenings and on results days
- Technology - Information and updates will also be available on notice boards, plasma screens and the websites