Careers Labour Market
CareersInc in your school
Your CareersInc Career Adviser (Jonathon Rewcastle) is in school to offer you impartial advice and guidance. Also, your tutors or subject teachers are available to discuss subject choices and support applications for further study.
There are also other staff in school that can help such as a learning manager, mentor, support worker or head of year.
What we do:
- If you are in Year 11 you may have a careers interview to talk about your post-16 pathway plans and your long term career choices. These are usually arranged through your form tutor.
- We deliver group workshops on Apprenticeships and other topics.
- We attend options events and learning and pathway days to give you advice about your options and future career choices.
Careers information in your school
- Careers resources are available in the library including careers publications, HE and college brochures.
- You have access to careers software on your school computers including Job Explorer Database (JED) and Higher Ideas.
- We will also post latest news and updates including information about local opportunities and events on the latest news feed on this website.
Bede Sixth Form College
Conyers Sixth Form
Egglescliffe Sixth Form
Hartlepool Sixth Form College
Ingleby Manor Sixth Form
Kings Academy Sixth Form College
Macmillan Sixth Form College
Manor Community Academy
Nunthorpe Sixth Form College
Prior Pursglove Sixth Form College
Stockton Sixth Form College
Trinity Catholic College Sixth FormYarm School Sixth Form
Find out more about going to a sixth form.
Find out more about going to college.
Apprenticeships and Traineeships
Apprenticeships and Traineeships are available through the following local training providers:
Tees Valley Learning Provider Network have information about local training providers and what areas they provide Apprenticeship training in.
Darlington Borough Council
Group Horizon Ltd
Hartlepool Borough Council
ITEC North East
Learning Curve Group
Middlesbrough Borough Council
Middlesbrough Community Learning
Northern Skills Group
Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council
South West Durham Training
Stockton Borough Council
TTEYH Training (Military Preparation course)
Higher education is available through the following local colleges and universities.
Askham Bryan College
Bishop Auckland College
East Durham College (Houghall)
The Northern School of Art (Hartlepool)
Redcar and Cleveland College
South Tyneside College
Stockton Riverside College
Sunderland College (Washington Campus)Teesside University
Find out more about higher education.
Local labour market information (LMI)
Local key industry sectors
- Manufacturing (including Teeside Advanced Manufacturing Park)
- Digital and creative media (including Digital City in Boho Zone)
Hot jobs to look out for in this area
- Life sciences
- Chemical processing
- Digital media
- Health and social care
Local industrial and business parks
- Riverside Park
- South Tees Business Centre (on A66 just outside Middlesborough)
Local trends and changes in industry
Middlesborough used to be a heavy industry area and now key sectors for growth are manufacturing, retail, and service.
There is currently a lot of investment in to the digital media sector.
Some local large employers in Middlesborough
Other sources of LMI
Inspiring Yorkshire and Humber
North East Chamber of Commerce
Universal Job Match
Evening Gazette (Gazette Live)
The Northern Echo
Darlington and Stockton Times
Sunderland EchoPeterlee Star